Hydrodemolition is the process of removing concrete and surface coatings with high pressure water. This process is extremely effective at removing delaminated and deteriorated concrete from sound substrate by selective removal, but also has the ability to remove concrete to adjustable depths indiscriminately. This process does not damage structural or reinforcing steel, but leaves the steel material blasted clean of rust and delaminates.
Structures is the first and only Colorado based contractor to own and offer computer controlled, robotic hydro-demolition services. As such, we are also on the forefront of “going green” by controlling runoff wastewater and adhering to environmental concerns associated with the hydro-demolition process due to our 100% filtration capabilities. Our methods include removing particles larger than 5 microns, pH balance, oil-water separator, softening, and cooling.
This recycle and treatment process result in the use of substantially less water throughout the project and eliminates environmental contamination once complete. Our fleet of specialized removal equipment, vacuum trucks, water tankers and 100% filtration methods has allowed us to complete several weekend Fast Track bridge deck rehabilitation projects on time and within budget.
There are several benefits and uses of hydro demolition including:
- Ability to remove deteriorated or sound concrete at a substantially faster rate with less labor than traditional pneumatic methods.
- Regulates cutting depths
- Leaves rebar exposed and removes rust
- Works on horizontal, vertical, overhead surfaces
- Leaves a sound, irregular surface for the new concrete repairs or overlay to bond to
- No spark, fumes, and minimal dust thus works in confined spaces and other industrial cleaning applications
- Reduced vibration and micro-fracturing typically associated with pneumatic removal methods
- Reduced noise and sound vibrations
- Can be programmed to only remove unwanted coatings or for surface Scarification
- Electronically Driven Units or hand lances for precise removal.
- Extreme maneuverability
Our equipment includes:
- (6) High-pressure pumps ranging in capability from 10ksi to 40 ksi
- (2) Conjet computer controlled hydrodemolition robots.
- (5) Vacuum Trucks
- Mobile tankers for water supply and recycled water storage
- Mobile self-powered water recycle and filtration system.